The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Day 11 Card-making with Digital crafts

Yippee, the book has arrived, so when I'll have a creativity block I'll know where to turn to :-)

Soon - on the 14th of March - my Mum's pet dog will be 1 year old and this event gave me inspiration for today's craft. I am going to prepare him a card. He wouldn't care about a card but Mum would be pleased :-)


You will need:
A4 colored paper
Photo frame print out
Photos (here I need 2)
Scissors
Double-sided foam tape

The Canon creative park is aother great site for digital crafts:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/ I found what I needed under Scrapbook followed by Photo frame, one with bones ideal for a dog.



Then I opened the picture in Paint and 'cut' out the bone shape. I printed it on the same paper as the frame. This is the groundwork for the card. I will take some proper photos and stick them to this card using foam double sided tape to give it a 3D look. I will stick the bones in the same way and over the photo... finished project tomorrow. Sorry but I have been too busy.

Here's a photo of the dog - called Kimy!



There is an alternate way to add photos to the templates of frames downloaded here. Please find instructions here: http://cp.c-ij.com/en/help/help-scrap03.html
I could not do it since I need program updates!
I will try it eventually.

Take care, love libellunina x

No comments:

Post a Comment