The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Day 39 High Chair Cover Ready; Pin Cushion Jar

The high chair cover is completed. There are some mistakes and when I do it again I'll pay more attention. I guess I should cut the cover in one piece, cover it and then apply harness. I did this one in separate pieces and thought about the next step as I went along. I will also apply bias binding around the edges for a neater look. For now it will do, and it's not that bad considering it was done without a pattern and without any previous experience in sewing quilted material!
The other project I did today (yep I managed 2)was a pin cushion jar. It is simply a baby food jar with a piece of fabric and wadding attached to the top acting as a pin cushion. The jar is then used as storage for buttons, pins, beads, etc.
Things needed are: baby food jar (or any other smallish jar) & lid, glue gun, glue sticks, thread & needle, ruler, pencil, scissors, fabric material, wadding material, pins, buttons or beads, ribbon.
I drew a circle on the material using a bowl (approx 13cm for a 5 cm diameter lid) and cut them out. The fabric is the same but photos show different colours... sorry!

The wadding is cut a bit smaller than the fabric material and stitches are manually sewn around the outer edges, then tucking them to form a sort of ball.

Next apply some glue from the glue gun on the top of the lid. Stick the 'ball' to it. Be a bit fast as the glue dries quickly. Apply some more glue around the lid and apply a piece of ribbon leaving some extra 7 cm each side to tie into a bow.

Fill the jars, and put pins on top. The pin cushion jar is ready :-)








Take care, have a lovely evening;
LOVE, libellunina

No comments:

Post a Comment