The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Friday 11 March 2011

Day 20 Sewing & alterations

Today for some alterations. I needed to lengthen a suit that my son has since he nearly outgrew it without wearing it much, and I decided to do it from the shoulder straps that are originally crossed over. I started by seam ripping them and then sewing bias binding all around. It was my first attempt and found it harder than it looked, but it turned out pretty decent.




I also managed to put on some snap-on buttons with some help from my beloved husband x also a first time for this...








... and some cupcake cooking, yummy yummy thanks to a lovely recipe on http://www.planetmona.com I just added some lemon zest to it, ready-made chocolate frosting, chocolate buttons and vermicelli.

Have a good night and an awesome weekend!























No comments:

Post a Comment