The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Friday 4 March 2011

Day 13 Wire & bead star

Hello again. Today’s craft may be more appropriate around Christmas and Christmas tree decorations. I had bought the material to do them for last Christmas but didn’t manage to. It’s a wire and bead star or snowflake.

You will need:
Wire star (I bought mine ready made; wire criss-crossed over each other and stun applied in the middle)
Beads (seed, crystal, pearls, silver, gold, tube, flower sequins)
Pliers
Split ring
Crimp beads (optional)
Polystyrene block is also helpful as a stand



You begin by sticking the wire in a polystyrene block. To place the beads I think it’s better to keep the wire in your hands. Put the smallest beads in first and proceed by size leaving the larger ones towards the end of the wire away from the middle. You can apply any kind of beads and it’s up to you about colour schemes. Leave the last ~5mm empty. Once you’re happy with how one wire looks, bend the wire at the end so that beads don’t fall off.



Finish off by applying a crimp bead or turn the wire on itself with the help of a plier. If you’re hanging the star, apply a split ring in one of the wire ends before turning the end fully in.



Take care always & have a nice weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment