The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 14 Bead bracelet

A quick craft today... a bead bracelet. You need thread – here I used elastic thread, so maybe I don’t lose the beads nearly as I did :-) You will also need beads. A variety of beads are available from semi-precious, crystal and glass to wood, metal and clay. You can choose any colourway you want or something to match an outfit! You can even mix and match sizes; I used one size only here probably 12mm.



Cut a piece of thread double the length you need plus some extra for knotting at the end. Thread the first bead through and place a pen or pencil through the loop so the bead won’t move through the end. Keep on threading the beads and finish by knotting the ends together, and you’re done!



Peace & love x

No comments:

Post a Comment