The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Day 18 Research

You might find the title intriguing or very boring. So let me explain the choice of the title; today whatever could go wrong did well at least with regards to this project.

I wanted to do something with polymer clay and found it to be too dried up to work with. Having a well organized and appropriate craft corner greatly helps in getting quick jobs done instead of looking around for things. I mentioned craft corner on purpose. While some of us might be lucky enough to have an adequate size home with a room to spare for crafts, most of us are lucky enough to have a roof on our head. I had envisioned having a craft room when it took me some time to become a mother. Thank GOD now the craft room now will become my son’s bedroom. I am thinking of having a corner in the laundry room but in due time. I talk (write) too much.

So back to polymer clay, I found out that there is a product you mix with the dried clay, work it well and blend it and the clay is restored. I’ll just have to get this medium.

So, next I thought of doing some parchment craft. I’m not very experienced and after choosing the project I noticed that I lacked some tools; will get them from Mum and Sis in the weekend hopefully ;-)

Browsing through the parchment book I found the instructions for a lucky knot, something I’ve been meaning to do for ages. Today is not the day to do it! I feel like being thumb less, not like Bertrum the cat [link]. It’s like having two left feet for dancing (recently blamed for GABA chemical stability in our minds) but for hands. I don’t know what else to call it! It was then I remembered I knew some knotting used to do friendship bracelets decades ago (as if I’m 70). Not today either… ufff!!

However, it was not a wasted day. I did plenty of laundry; it takes mastery to sort and put in place pile upon pile of all sorts of garments and towels and whatnot. Also, I did some mending of clothes and managed to break the sewing needle :-P I went for a walk with dear son for an hour and a half picking some groceries on the way. Oh! and got the ready-made butter cream frosting. I could not imagine how it would have turned out in all this hustle and bustle. We even saw a lady in lime green and purple on the way home, and thought that it made a lovely colour combination.

It was also the day to happily and unexpectedly receive a call from a person who I used to not think much of. Situations change and so do outcomes. Friendship comes from people who are sailing the same boat as you, and as much as you need to hear some nice words, so do they. On a spiritual note: Lent might be more meaningful doing unpleasant things or give a helping hand than not eating sweets or meat, but everything to its place.

Creatively, I became aware of some new crafting material, interesting colourways and things can go wrong but it’s not the end of the world. Ehmm now I’m going to do some ricotta pies and please let nothing go wrong there!

Peace and love x

No comments:

Post a Comment