The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Friday 25 February 2011

Day 6 Digital crafts

Super super busy day. Something quick... believe me this is quicker to do than write about. I wasn’t sure what to call today’s craft since it’s entirely done using a computer and printer. The only other thing you’ll need is paper and optionally some embellishments.

The internet is full of ideas for making crafts and one site that I like returning to is: www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/

Here you’ll find ideas for cards, iron-ons, photo borders and games that you can create online and print. Some of them you’ll have to print first and create later! The projects are divided into categories. Browse through till you find what you need.


I chose to create an Anniversary card online and print it.



The instructions are pretty simple to follow and it will help to have at hand the photo you want to add. You also have the space to enter a greeting and searching ‘Anniversary poems’ online surely helps.


You then upload the photo, drag it into the space provided, write the poem (choosing font, font size and colour) and you’re nearly done. Click on preview and print, choose the appropriate settings on your printer and press print.

Once the card is printed fold in half, write the greeting and that’s it. Well if you have a couple more minutes to spare you can decorate the card some more to further personalize it; just try to keep it simple!







Voila’...



Peace & love x

No comments:

Post a Comment