The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 4 Drawing

Today I will be doing the libellunina logo to add at the end of the blog. I’ve been meaning to do this and I had thought it would not take me too much time. But it’s finally ready.
The name libellunina comes from 2 words; libellula is the word for dragonfly in Italian. Dragonflies fascinate me. The second part of the word is nina, which is the spanish word for girl and actually was my first username for an email!
I decided to draw the logo on paper, then scan the picture and apply the blog background colour using the Paint program.

You need:
Paper
Pencil
Colours



To get the shape symettrical I find it best to fold the paper in half, draw the first half and then go through the embossed part of the drawing from the other side. This is something I learned way back in the late 1980’s at an art school in Valletta.




I applied various metallic and glittery colours trying to capture the jewel colors of the dragonfly as they appear in the sun. But nature is not so easy to replicate and the sky is the limit in imagination...




Peace and take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment