The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 3 Tissue paper decoupage

An early rise today, been awaken early since babe’s would not sleep. A nice cup of coffee, plenty of laundry washing and the craft of the day, for which I’m here for. Inspiration comes in all forms of shapes and sizes and material or medium too. I found mine in the paper napkin this morning. Not the white ones but the patterned. I have never tried doing this before though some research on the net shows that it seems quite easy, given you have some crafting knowledge – not much just enough to hold a paintbrush ;-)

You need:
A patterned paper napkin
Acrylic paint
Paintbrush
Jar with water
Mixing palette or saucer
Scissors
Craft glue or decoupage glue
The object to apply the tissue on (I’m using a glass baby food jar but it can be wood, cardboard etc)



Paint the jar with acrylic paint, preferably in a coordinated colour with the tissue pattern. Cut the pattern and do so to one layer of the tissue paper. While the paint is not completely dry apply the pattern to the jar and smoothen out. Dilute some of the craft glue with water and apply all over the picture. Let it dry. Clean the painbrushes with water and dry well. If you want you can finish the jar by applying a layer of matt or gloss varnish or even beads or glitter! You can use these by storing small items in or as a candle holder.



This didn’t turn out well as I expected. I’ll research the technique further and post a new project soon.
Peace and take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment