The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Sunday 27 February 2011

Day 8 Felt baby shoes pattern

Hello everyone. First of all thank you to those lovely people who are reading these blogs and for your feedback. It means a lot to me!
This freezing morning I scanned some old photos and prepared a photobook to give as a gift. I’m sure it will be a wonderful surprise.
Today I’ll be starting some felt shoes for our son. I found the pattern and instructions here:

www.prudentbaby.com/2010/01/diy-baby-shoes-recycled-from-old-jeans.html

I will not use denim here but green felt, which I bought yesterday along with some tools and other craft material.
You will need:
Pattern
Material
Scissors (one for fabric material, one for paper)
Elastic
Safety pin
Sewing machine
Thread

Print out the pattern and check if it will fit your little baby’s feet (preferably with socks); adjust accordingly. Cut out the pattern. It is useful to fold the fabric in half where you need 2 pieces of the same pattern piece. Pin the pattern to the fabric before cutting out. I left an edge for seam allowance and hopefully for a better fit.






I will continue this tomorrow. I will sew the pieces together and hope to finish it.

Take care always x

1 comment: