The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Day 1 Card-making

Today’s craft is card-making. It is one of my favourites. It is quite simple, quick and effective and gives a full flow of your creative juices as you can apply anything. I like to keep it pretty simple and without too much fuss to keep a clean appearance. Inspiration comes from things and colours around me.

For this project you will be needing:

Paper
Glue or double-sided tape
Scissors
Embellishments
Peel-offs stickers (sentiments)
Card paper (here bought as an aperture card)
Envelope (here included with the aperture card)
Coloured pens

A note on embellishments: these are the items that make the card stand-out. They can be almost anything; 3D stickers, ribbons, feathers, things you do yourself, buttons, dried flowers, small gems and pearls, and other things you might find around your home or work-place. Some are bought for a few cents while others are a bit expensive.


Tweezers come handy when applying the peel-off (Congratulations). This card can be given to someone for graduation, promotion or an achievment reached. You can add the date to make it more personalized and even a name. As you can see it took only about 20 minutes – maybe add 5 more for finishing.



Enjoy and take care :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment