The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 65 Sketch book & Basic Tools

I set up a sketch book. It’s not really a book; more a ring binder file with some paper in it. The fact I chose a ring binder is that I can put in any sketched ideas I have while on the go.
It is useful since I get ideas cropping in my mind that I don’t have the time to do there and then. I also included birthdays and special occassiona lists for the cards and gifts I need to prepare.
Here is also a basic tools and equipment list. I found that every time I include the material needed for a crafty thing, some items are common for almost every project. Some of these items are not needed for every project, but are good to have:
• Pencil
• Scissors – paper, fabric, embroidery
• Craft knife – large handle & small handle
• Tweezers
• Ruler
• Sharpener
• Rubber
• Paint brushes
• Empty containers
• Tissues & wet wipes
• Glue – various types
• Cutting mat
I didn’t get the cutting mat until recently, and I wish I had done so before. It gives you peace of mind making sure you’re not damaging the underlying surface and the measurement markings help you in your craft especially paper and fabric cuttings.

No comments:

Post a Comment