The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Friday 15 April 2011

Day 55 Marble effect



This effect is achieved by placing some drops of colour onto the surface of some water in a bowl. Place drops of a different colour in the middle of the first colour. You can apply even 3 or more colours. Swirl the paint with the help of a toothpick. Dip the object slowly into the water and remove it quickly. Allow to dry.

Here I used an empty egg. I clean the inside of the egg using a mixture of water and some vinegar to remove all residues of the egg. I placed the egg on a kebab stick and let it dry for about 20 minutes.

The colours I used were specifically for this project. Nail polish can also be used to achieve this effect.







I think it is more ideal to use a larger container... see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment