The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 63 Egg Art - covering inside with fabric

This is rather tricky... and you'll need some more items I forgot to mention before ooppsss!! Ehm the egg was painted with several coats of acrylic paint (5 or 6). Pearl and metallic effect colours look better, but you can also add fine glitter powder over matt colours on the egg itself!

Fabric material - satin like lining is fine
A piece of chain - I used a piece of broken necklace I had, but you can buy this

Attach the chain first, using epoxy resin glue. The ends will be hidden by the fabric later, reinforcing the chain attachment at the same time. The length of the chain needs to be just enough for the egg not to open all the way through, since the hinge is attached to the outside.



Scrape some of the membrane from the inside of the egg, just at the edges, with the help of a craft knife or manicure scissors. Always handle with care.

Apply fabric glue all around the inner side of the egg. Apply a piece of fabric and cut any remaining part over the edge. Try to make it look puffy and cushiony.




Don't worry much about finishing touches, tidy it up as best you can... the rest will be covered in cord :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment