The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Day 46 Teddy Bear with Monogram

I continued with the teddy bear and cross-stitched a 'G' monogram on the front. This had to be done before stitching and sewing the whole bear.

Some cross-stitching can be done on other material other than Aida fabric. The fabric needs to be evenweave, like linen. The fleecy fabric I am using is not adequate for cross-stitching on, so waste canvas is used.
You cut a piece of waste canvas a bit larger than the pattern you need to cross-stitch. You hand sew it on the actual item (the teddy bear front piece). Then you cross-stitch making sure to pass through the fabric underneath the waste canvas. Once ready, dampen the waste canvas and stitched area. I used a bit of wet tissue and applied it to the area. The waste canvas threads can now be pulled - one by one -with the help of tweezers or fingers. Leave it to dry or if you need to, wash with mild soapy water. The design is ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment