The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 62 Egg Art Material

I attended and did a couple of designed eggs some 3 years ago. They are based on Faberge' egg designs, and though these don't come as costly the effect is beautiful, more so when you consider that they are made out of a real egg. Eggs come in different sizes depending on the bird species, and colours. No animals are harmed since the egg is not fertilized in the first place, and any eggs I empty myself, I use in food I make!

The egg here is a duck egg and I bought it already emptied, cleaned and cut.
Apart from the egg you'll need:
Scissors
Acrylic paint
Paint brush
Jar with water
Fabric glue
Epoxy resin glue
Tweezers
Craft knife
Hinge



For Decor:
Flowers
Filigree shapes
Outline stickers
Cord
Corded pearls
Other statuettes or shapes
Beads, feathers and many other embellishments




I started out by checking where the egg cuts meet and this was marked in pencil.



Before painting colour on the egg (this helps to reinforce it), attach the hinge. As an inexperienced egg crafter, I attched it on the outside. Score some lines on the hinge itself with the craft knife for it to adhere well. Mix equal parts of the epoxy resin glue and apply where needed.
NOTE Read safety notes and FOLLOW.



No comments:

Post a Comment