The word Kermesse may mean festival or fair. I decided to use it for this blog, since here I would present a festival of crafts and arts done by myself... and 365 refers to the number of days in a year. The idea started churning in my mind when I came across http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/. The main concept of my blog is to show a piece of art or some craft on a daily basis for 365 days. Some of them I’m well familiar with, while others are completely new. Hope you’ll enjoy this year long journey and feel free to leave any comments.

Saturday 16 April 2011

Day 56 Crafts exhibition

How are you all? Today I have been to a crafts exhibition. It was held in Floriana and organised by some crafters who appear on a local morning program 'Siegha Zmien'.

It was fun to talk to some of them and to discover new ways to do things!

What I liked most was the beading, egg arts and general crafts. There were also exhibits for patchwork & quilting, Hansa (punch needle), plastic canvas, parchment, Ganutell (thread filigree) and Monastir work, and lace (bizilla).

The craft teachers were very helpful with some queries I had.

One thing I liked about beading is that it's a way with cross-stitch and that you can combine both in the same picture. It is also amazing the amount of various coloured seed beads you can find. I will have to try this one out.

Also saw paper decorations done in tea bag folding style... supplies will be available next week and I hope to get some.

Egg art is simply magnificent. I had taken a couple of classes some 3 years ago. They are done from real eggshells with various sized and coloured eggs depending on the species of the bird! Will be looking forward to work some more with this craft :-)

See you later x

No comments:

Post a Comment